Subscribe Us

header ads

Thursday 23 August 2018

Steven Naismith admits he was ‘totally wrong’ in reaction to Jonny Hayes

Hearts' Steven Naismith shouts in the face of Celtic's Jonny Hayes. Picture: SNS/Rob Casey





The Celtic winger fouled Naismith from behind, hitting his head against Mikael Lustig's knee in transit down, amid Hearts 1-0 win at Tynecastle prior this month. The Scotland global responded by yelling at the player as he lay inclined on the ground.

It was a response which provoked much discourse with Kris Commons calling it "disturbing" on Sky Sports.

Talking on BBC Sportsound, Naismith held his hands up however clarified that he didn't understand Hayes was so seriously harmed and that it was a "warmth existing apart from everything else" response.

He stated: "To be completely forthright, thinking back on it, after when Jonny is down I had the red fog. It was a handle that had come in, really when I had done my first knee damage that was quite comparative. That was experiencing my head and I was absolutely wrong in my response.

"Be that as it may, again it was the warmth existing apart from everything else. Indeed, even after it I was stating to Jonny Hayes amid the diversion 'are you okay?' I didn't understand he was that harmed at the time, it was a response to being scythed down."

Naismith additionally conflicted with Celtic commander Scott Brown. Last season the 31-year-old was given a two-coordinate band for a late test on the midfielder, a handle which he said he "just slipped".

The combine got away from a SFA boycott after the ongoing Hearts v Celtic apparatus; Naismith for a kickout at Hayes and Brown for an elbow on Naismith.

"I cherish playing against Broony," he stated, "he's a battler and you know when he's in your group he's splendid in light of the fact that he gets under the skin of the rivals and he drives you on and I realize that from being in his group.

"With Broony I was upbeat to take it. You give it out and you take it and that is how it was to be straightforward in the amusement, in the warmth of the fight.

I seen on TV one of the refs was stating there was no perniciousness in it, it was increasingly a response and that is precisely what it was, me seething at the handle, normal response 'haw you'.

"Broony's was the same, it's insufficient to be a red card and I think it was sensible the response from the SFA."

0 comments:

Post a Comment